17 years ago

Connection String for Oracle datasource

Hi,
I am trying to create an Oracle datasource specifying the following
DriverClass
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
ConnectionString
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1571:dtwd;user=FAST;password=FASTER;

It fails giving SQLEXception invalid arguments in call.
I think that the ConnectionString format which i have given is incorrect, can you please provide the correct format for the ConnectionString for Oracle.
Thanks
Tareque

3 Replies

Tareque
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    From an earlier post i found that we have to specify the url in the following format
    jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger@10.185.13.128:1521:ora9i

I have done the same now in my DataSource
    jdbc:oracle:thin:FAST/FASTER@10.185.13.128:1521:dtwd
    but i am getting IO error
    Tue Mar 11 14:36:49 EDT 2008:ERROR:java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

This is not a network issue as I am able to access the DB using a groovy script.
    def sql = groovy.sql.Sql.newInstance("jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.185.13.128:1571:dtwd", "FAST", "FASTER", "oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource")
    Can you please tell me how i can use this sql connection that I have created  in the groovy script in the DataSource Step.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tareque,

hmm.. I don't really know why this isn't working when you use it in the DataSource step. What driver class have you specified in the JDBC DataSource configuration page? Can you send a screenshot of the entire config?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Tareque
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    The screen shot is attached. The driver class that i am using is
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver i also tried
    oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource but that is giving me no suitable driver class found error.
    Regards