Forum Discussion

jbuttimer
Contributor
9 years ago

Easy way to set all test cases to NOT abort on error?

Right now I'm haveing to go through a large library of tests and open each test case in order to uncheck the "Abort on Error" check box. Is there a global setting I can use to override this?

Thanks!

5 Replies

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

In SoapUI, there is no explicit option to disable the "Abort on Error" option for all the test case in a project, but this could be achived using Groovy script. Please copy the below script and run it using a Groovy test step,

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getTestSuiteList().each
    {
       it.getTestCaseList().each
       {
          //Switch the parameter value to 'true' if you need to enable 'Abort on Error' option
          it.setFailOnError(false)
       }
    }

While running this script, this would through an information pop up; please ignore it. Hope this answers your query!

Thanks,

Samy

jbuttimer
      Contributor

Thank you Samy! I will be trying your solution shortly. 

kbw
    Contributor

You can also do it by directly editing your project XML, if you're comfortable doing it that way.  The relevent section look like this:

<con:testCase failOnError="true" failTestCaseOnErrors="true" keepSession="false" maxResults="0" name="Test Case Name"... etc.

failOnError is the setting for "Abort test if an error occurs".

So, you can simply do a replace all of (I included the testCase element as a precaution only):

<con:testCase failOnError="true"

with

<con:testCase failOnError="flase"

FYI: failTestCaseOnErrors is the setting for "Fail TestCase if it has failed TestSteps".

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Not sure from soapUI tool.

But if you open the soapui project xml file, you should be able to see something like this where you can set the value:

<con:soapui-project xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config" name="TestAutomation" resourceRoot=""
    soapui-version="4.5.1" abortOnError="false" runType="SEQUENTIAL" defaultScriptLanguage="Groovy"
    activeEnvironment="Default">

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

If you open project xml, you can see the second line as shown below where you can change it though not sure from soapui tool.

<con:soapui-project name="TestAutomation" resourceRoot="" soapui-version="4.5.1" abortOnError="false" runType="SEQUENTIAL" defaultScriptLanguage="Groovy" activeEnvironment="Default" xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config">