Resolving "An error occurred []"

Status: New Idea
by on ‎01-26-2017 10:00 AM

Every time I launch SoapUI (5.3.0, but the same was in 5.2.1) I get an error:


Thu Jan 26 18:42:52 CET 2017:INFO:Adding plugin from [C:\Users\Karel\.soapuios\plugins\soapui-swagger-plugin-2.2-dist.jar]
Thu Jan 26 18:42:53 CET 2017:ERROR:An error occurred [], see error log for details


Can you please resolve this issue and advice a temporary workaround?


The plugins actually work, but every time I launch SoapUI (either GUI or programatically) I get an error and need to check whether it's this known error or some other issue with my projects.


The only advice I have seen to resolve this is to remove the .soapuios directory, which is actually a workaround, not a solution, as long as we want to use the plugins.


on ‎01-27-2017 07:54 AM

Thanks for adding this as a feature request, it would be nice to clear it up, as it looks untidy and alarms people!


A while ago I hesitated about committing a quick fix - basically I was going to:

  • Catch the exception
  • Instead display a warning level log message e.g. 'Plugin uses annotation [<Annotation Name .e.g AutoImportMethodFactory>], which is not supported in this version of SoapUI.'

Does something like this sound acceptable? It would at least look less alarming. The reason I hesitated before was because I'd assumed that the mismatch in plugin technology was work in progress i.e. the SoapUI O/S plugin framework could be made compatible in a future release, but this does not seem to be the case, at least no so far.


I think I wrote code to do this somewhere, so if that approach seems ok to people I could try committing it and raising a pull request.




by jodster52
on ‎02-14-2017 12:18 PM

I am having this same issue and it's quite annoying.  I've copies the jars to the ext folder.  I've tried renaming the .soapui folder and the plugin folder name.  I think your solution would ease many peoples minds Smiley Happy