Forum Discussion

Ivan_S_Trampeda
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[Solved]Getting started with JMS testing in soapUI 3.5

Hi,
I have downloadet 3.5 Pro and following your introduction 'Getting started with JMS testing in soapUI 3.5'

I have downloadet ActiveMQ, and received an error about my Java_Home was not set. I updated variable to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
Restart MQ
Enter SoapUI, select Tools, HermesJMS
In Hermes create new JMS Session.
In provider tab I add the two files, after each file I am being asked if a scan should be made. I Select Scan for both files.

When Selecting session Tab, I can't get the same values in the fields as in your description.
In the session field in top I can only select New or Files. If i select new and try to select ActiveMQ in Plug in, i get an error 'Unable to locate this plugin...'

What is missing ??

Regards Ivan

8 Replies

Ivan_S_Trampeda
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    I downloaded the nightly build from this morning.
    But I can't see any changes, I get the same errors as before.

I have tried to re-import the two jar files to hermes. Still asked if a scan should be made.
    I have tried to add information in session tab with same ressults as before

/Ivan
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

new installation should be done in new folder (not to overwrite previous) and you need to delete HermesJMS path in preferences->tools to make sure that proper version of Hermes used by SoapUI.
    You can check Hermes Version in HermesJMS Help-> About , it should be Hermes v1.13

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Nebojsa
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

one more thing , before selecting Plug In in Hermes you need to select Loader ( in this case ActiveMQ-5.2 ) . Sometimes dropdown  for Loader is not refreshed so you need to  close session editor and open it again.

Regards
    Nebojsa
    eviware.com
    Ivan_S_Trampeda
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    I have downloaded soapui-pro-3.5-beta1-win32-standalone-bin.zip and unzip on my desktop and run from there.
    Because there where no hermes folder in the nightly build, I point to the first one. And that one is in version 1.14.

Should there be a hermes version 1.13 in nightly build?

/Ivan
    Ivan_S_Trampeda
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    Thanks now it look like it should according to description.
    I manage to set up preference as shown in description.
    And send first request to que.
    Now I am ready to play

Thanks for fast reply.

/Ivan