Forum Discussion

larryx
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago

[Resolved] soapui pro & HermesJMS integration

I am trying to integrate SoapUI Pro with HermesJMS (follow the instruction: http://www.soapui.org/JMS/getting-started.html). 1. Start activemq.bat under apache-activemq-5.9.0\bin\win32\ 2. Open HermesJMS from SoapUI Pro 3. In Preferences window I can add all settings and properties except "org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory". It does not in the drop down list of Connection Factory-Class. Loader value is ActiveMQ-5.2. I thought it was JAVA_HOME setting issue but not. Please Help Me!! Thanks.
-Larry

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Larry,

I would check that the correct jar files are loaded in classpath group you created. Using ActiveMQ 5.4.3 the org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory class is available from the drop down.

Since you are using ActiveMQ 5.9.0 you may encounter a "java.lang.NoClassDeFoundError
    Could not initialize class org.apache.activemq.util.IdGenerator" when trying to open the destination as discussed on viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22687.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    larryx
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Marcus,
    I tried integration is two PCs. The situations are below.
    PC1: HermesJMS 1.14 integrated with SoapUI 4.6.3. It works fine (good to see "org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory") except minor error "java.lang.NoClassDeFoundError" (caused by delete and re-add Destinations) when opening destination in HermesJMS-Preferences window.
    PC2: HermesJMS 1.14 integrated with SoapUI PRO 4.6. There is NO "org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory" in HermesJMS Preferences-Connection Factory-Class drop down list. There is NO "java.lang.NoClassDeFoundError" when open Destination Properties window.

Note: jar files loaded in Provider-Classpath Groups are the same in both PC (below).
    activemq-client-5.9.0.jar
    Geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar

So ActiveMQ 5.9.0 should not be the reason.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Using SoapUI Pro 4.6.0 snapshot (maintenance) version HermesJMS has org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory class with a configured loader. It shouldn't matter which version of SoapUI Pro you use as HermesJMS functions independent of SoapUI Pro.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    larryx
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Marcus,
    I guess I don't understand the logic behind yet, but I tried to download apache-activemq-5.4.3 and re-do integration with between Hermes and SoapUI Pro. The result solved the issue (I see org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory class).
    Thanks much for your help,
    Larry
      saib
      Occasional Contributor

Hi

Downloaded apache-activemq-5.15.2 and loaded all the jars to Classgroup- HernessJMS UI 

Selected PlugIn - Active MQ and Loader values

Unable to find activeMQ connection factory in Class dropdown.

Please advise.

SmartBear_Suppo
    No problem. I've reported a bug to HermesJMS for the "java.lang.NoClassDeFoundError Could not initialize class org.apache.activemq.util.IdGenerator" error when using ActiveMQ 5.9.0, http://hermesjms.org/jira/browse/HJMS-223. I don't know what level of support HermesJMS currently have though.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    larryx
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Marcus,
    You don't have to answer my question bcoz it is HermesJMS. I could not find register link in their website...so I guess they won't accept new user. >:(
    -Larry