Forum Discussion

JAvila
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI Security Test Duration ???

How long should I expect a ReadyAPI Security Test to take -  example for ONE API,  testing all possible Security options (fuzzing, SQL injection, etc.).....

Should it Take TWICE as long for TWO API's ??  THRICE as long for testing THREE API's ???   Or...  are they executed concurrently... ??

Please share your experience and understanding - trying to get an idea of what duration should be - to compare to what I am experiencing.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

• Hello JAvila,

The overall duration of your tests is under your control via the Security Testing Strategy Option. Using Cross-Site Scripting as an example, you may change the testing strategy so that every test is executed concurrently. This would greatly reduce the overall testing time, while still producing invaluable insight into the vulnerabilities of your application. 

Additionally, when testing multiple APIs, the security tests can be executed concurrently. 

2 Replies

• Hello JAvila,

The overall duration of your tests is under your control via the Security Testing Strategy Option. Using Cross-Site Scripting as an example, you may change the testing strategy so that every test is executed concurrently. This would greatly reduce the overall testing time, while still producing invaluable insight into the vulnerabilities of your application. 

Additionally, when testing multiple APIs, the security tests can be executed concurrently. 

Ricky1
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Sam,

I cannot get the Setup menu to load for Security Testing Strategy Option. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ricky