Ask a Question

ReadyAPI - Creating shared test data for a suite or project?

SOLVED
rajs2020
Frequent Contributor

ReadyAPI - Creating shared test data for a suite or project?

Does ReadyAPI have a way to create shared test data for a suite or a project?

In my example, I have one POST api whose body has 7 fields. There is one *suite* of negative tests in which each test calls the api with no/blank value for each field. All these tests have same test steps & same test data before the step which makes the main api call. I want to create shared test data for all these tests *and* make each iteration show up as a separate test in the transaction logs, i.e. as if it was a separate test. How do I do that?

Will the data source loop feature exactly match my needs or are there other ways to do it?
https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/data-driven/tutorials/jtds/loop.html

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisA
Contributor

Hi,

Based on what you have described, I would say a data driven test using datasource and loop steps are the way to go.

richie
Community Hero

Hey @rajs2020,

I concur with @ChrisA

Ta

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: