Forum Discussion

vpachpute1
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

Ready API. Shows exception on Jenkins com.smartbear.ready.license.exception.InvalidLicenseException

Hi

I have Ready API 1.9.0 License. It's working fine on my local maching and using maven plug-in on my local machine.

But when I run it on Jenkins server using pom.xm, it shows exception as "com.smartbear.ready.license.exception.InvalidLicenseException

As there is no license on Jenkins server

Is there is any other way to do so. Actually I am using one important feature of Ready API i.e. Composite Project. So I needed ReadyAPI.

Can anyone please suggest any solution. Thanks in advance.

Attached my pom.xml file for reference.

9 Replies

vpachpute1
      Frequent Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

From Article: "Whether you are running Jenkins independently as a service or on your application server, you need to ensure it is running with the same user account you activated the SoapUI NG license with."

Actually in my case, there License in on my local Ubuntu machine.

And jenkins is independent environment which is different server at different location.

So can you please confirm that weather this solution works in this environment ?

regards

Vishal Pachpute

VLapidus
        Frequent Contributor

Hello Vishal,

No. You need to run Jenkins under the account where the license is activated. Alternatively, you can deactivate the license on a local Ubuntu computer and activate on a computer with Jenkins.