Forum Discussion

M_McDonald
Super Contributor
15 years ago

JDBC Request parameter substitution

Hi -

I am playing with the JDBC Request in SoapUI 3.5 and it provides a lot of the functionality I was forced to create myself in 3.0, thanks.

One comment though, I wish that the replacement parameters could be named explicitly. Using anonymous ?'s creates a dependency between parameter order and the SQL, which I know will cost me debugging time in the future.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Thank you for trying our new JdbcRequestTestStep.
    Please download and try latest build for 3.5-beta1 version from http://www.eviware.com/nightly-builds/ .
    With it you should be able to replace parameters by exact name, not by their order.
    For instance for an sql "select x from table where y = :y and z = :z" add properties named y and z in no matter which order and they should be replaced properly.
    Please let us know if you have any further comments/suggestions.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    Thanks, I downloaded and installed the new build.

The named parameters work in the request, but when I run within the query builder, I get an "Incorrect syntax near :" error. Is this a defect or a limitation of the query builder tool?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Running the query inside query builder has a limitation for now,  there is no possibility for specifying parameters there so far, only on the request desktop panel. But it is on our list of improvements for beta2 and we'll let you know as soon as we add it.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com