Forum Discussion

emwillia
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Infinite "Creating Component" for Geb Runner

I am attempting to create a geb runner component on a fresh install of 2.5.1 and it creates an infinite loop attempting to load the component Geb Runner. The log file has it attempting to load the dependency net.sourceforge.htmlunit:htmlunit as the last line and that is it.

3 Replies

jim2eye
    New Contributor
    jim2eye wrote:
    I am getting the same issue...

we also get the issue on the webpage runner... is anyone else getting this issue ?

Thanks Jim
  • The Groovy components' dependencies are downloaded using Grape (http://groovy.codehaus.org/Grape).

Could you please check if Grape works in your machine by running some Groovy snippet to download any dependency that you do not yet have (you can see what dependencies you have in your repository, probably located at ${user.home}/.groovy/grapes, note that LoadUI's has its own repository at ${user.home}/.loadui/.groovy/grapes).

For example, you can try to run this Groovy snippet:

@Grab(group='net.sourceforge.htmlunit', module='htmlunit', version='2.9')
    import com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.Page

If this works, LoadUI should be able to get its dependencies... otherwise, you need to find out why Grape (which uses Ivy to get dependencies) is not working for you (for example, is your proxy blocking the downloads?).

In the unlikely case Grape works but LoadUI still cannot get the dependencies it needs, just try copying the whole folder for the dependency you need from the grapes folder to the LoadUI's grapes folder (shown above).

I hope this helps you, let me know if you need more assistance.