Forum Discussion

Vivek_Malhotra
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

How to Verify XML Assertions in ReadAPI where response doesnt always come in Order

Hi,

I have a query regarding assertions. I have to assert some XML Response where my application Returns two error codes. However they always dont come in same order. For e.g. if you see below sometimes the first errror code is returned as 400.1109 or 400.1009.

If I use Assertion like below it Fails some times. How to resolve such assertions in easiest possible way. Do we have something like OR (||) in SoAPUI

declare namespace ns1='http://www.xxx-payments.com/schema/payment';
//ns1:multi-pm[1]/ns1:multi-pm-statuses[1]/ns1:status[1]/@code

<multi-statuses>
      <status code="400.1109" description="xxxxxx  Please check your input and try again." severity="error"/>
      <status code="400.1009" description="yyyyy. Please check your input and try again." severity="error"/>
   </multi-statuses>

<multi-statuses>
      <status code="400.1009" description="yyyyy. Please check your input and try again." severity="error"/>
      <status code="400.1109" description="xxxxxx  Please check your input and try again." severity="error"/>
   </multi-statuses>

2 Replies

PaulMS
    Super Contributor

If the order is not significant then you could use the assertion to check the description based on the expected code/s.

The assertion will fail if the code is not found in response or the description is incorrect.

//ns1:status[@code ="400.1009"]/@description

Expected result

yyyyy. Please check your input and try again.

//ns1:status[@code ="400.1109"]/@description

Expected result

xxxxxx  Please check your input and try again.