Forum Discussion

gkuma8
9 years ago

How to Add assertion in dynamic Response

Hi,

i need to add assertion with parametarized value..Now we are having one test case in SOAP UI with 120 test value in excel. In request we are passing customer id and we are getting multiple account value in response. Each account contain multiple value and order of these Account can be changed time to time.

For exp. -> 1st time when we are hitting the request, Order of account A is 1 and 2nd time when we are hitting it, order of account A can be 5.

Now we have to add assertion on a selected account and different properties of that account on all 120 test value.

Thanks,

Gaurav

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You need to query on the response for using account value so that the right can be retrieved.
    What kind of assertions you are doing?
      kondasamy
      Regular Contributor

Gaurav,

I guess you are implementing a data driven test as passing 120 test values as.input and having a set of assertions for each test data passed. Please correct if I am wrong!

If my assumption matches, please share few details as below,

1) You say the response holds dynamic output value for each data; if so, does the data falls under a predefined collection?

2) Are you going to verify single/ multiple tags?

Based on the nature of test,you should use either the Pro feature (Data Source/ Data Sink) or you should be creating a data driven framework using Groovy.

Thanks,

Samy