Forum Discussion

Tom_Arn
Contributor
17 years ago

Excluded editor for [item]

I have a problem with soapUIpro 1.7.6:

I have an operation that needs an array as input.
When I want to add an item in the Form view, I don't get an input field but only a (label) text "Excluded editor for [item]"
What does this mean? Why don't I get an input field.

Here's the XML code of the request:
[tt:1dgby2va]

?
            ?
            ?

[/tt:1dgby2va]

For the array "bewegungen" I can add elements but not for the array "bewegungstypen"

Thanks for your help
Tom

9 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tom,

hmm.. can you please attach the wsdl for this operation? or a project containing it?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Kevin,

In this case it seems the contextData element is of the XML Schema type "anyType", meaning it can contain any XML content. soapUI has no possibility to create input fields for this since it doesn't know what to input.. (since it can be anything).

Hope this makes sense!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hello Ole

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

Yes the type is undefined, but why can't you have an entry field in the form view with either no validation or default the type to string.

It is important that in the form view, all entry fields are displayed even when you are unable to validate it.

What you are currently doing is rendering the form view unusable for this type of element, and the form view is one of SoapUI's strong points.

The actual definition from the WSDL is:

where contextData does not have an explicit type defined.

regards Kevin
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Kevin,

You are of course correct, anyType could actually mean just a string (or any other simple type), which would work with a simple input field. On the other hand, anyType can contain any xml-structure (sub-elements, etc), which would require a more complex editor layout, which is why we chose to default to the current "solution".

Maybe we could add an option to "interpret anyType as anySimpleType" which would make soapUI display a simple input-field for anyTypes as well. Does that sound ok?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hello Ole

At this time that sounds fine.

If the expectation was to collect complex types surely the WSDL should be using extended classes which is the subject of one of my other bug reports.

As I showed the WSDL fragment did not specify a type, but did indicate that the value is a simple type.

Would this be possible to add to 2.0.3. Please.. Please

regards Kevin
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Kevin,

this will be in 2.0.3, as part of the form-editor improvements.

Thanks for bringing it up!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com