Forum Discussion

andrewlaser
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Code Completion

Code completion would be very useful. At least in the Pro.

5 Replies

• I second this, at the very least to save us typing com.eviware.xxx and for methods on the SoapUI objects
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    This is something that we have thought about, but it's not easy to do with dynamic languages as Groovy since the interpreter doesn't know much about which variables contains what.

Keep the suggestions coming and have a nice weekend you two!

Henrik
    SmartBear Stockholm
    andrewlaser
    Occasional Contributor
    When using groovy plugin for Eclipse (especially after adding soapUI jar(s) as "external jars" to the used libraries in Java Build Path) code completion works pretty fine.
    But it doesn't work as soon as I switch to the soapUI project in the soapUI perspective.

Could it be possible to use groovy plugin for Eclipse in the soapUI plugin for Eclipse?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    andrewlaser wrote:
    When using groovy plugin for Eclipse (especially after adding soapUI jar(s) as "external jars" to the used libraries in Java Build Path) code completion works pretty fine.
    But it doesn't work as soon as I switch to the soapUI project in the soapUI perspective.

Could it be possible to use groovy plugin for Eclipse in the soapUI plugin for Eclipse?

I searched for this in our backlog [SOAPUI-2290], and it seems that it might actually happen. Let's cross our fingers!

Regards!

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
      MattiH
      Staff

Just FYI, the Groovy Code completion feature was added in Ready! API: SoapUI NG 1.0, with more improvements currently being developed.

BR

/Matti