cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testrunner flag to specify which tags to ignore in test runs

testrunner flag to specify which tags to ignore in test runs

Testrunner.sh currently supports the -T option, which allows users to specify which tagged test cases they want to run. However, there is not a flag that allows the user to specify which tags to ignore in your test run.

For example, if I tagged test cases with "prototype" I could run only those tests with that specific tag using -T"TestCase prototype". However, if I wanted to run all tests but exclude the prototype tags I currently don't have the ability to do that. Maybe a new tag, or addition of ! into the flag would work?

Ex:

-T"TestCase !prototype" <----- where ! prefix specifies not to run tests with prototype flag

This could even be expanded further where the -T option would support both inclusive and exclusive tags.

Ex: -T"TestCase prototype !ignorethese" <---- run all tests that have the prototype flag, but don't run those that have ignorethese flag

2 Comments

Excellent idea.  This functionality is necessary for increasing flexibility, productivity, and ROI of ReadyAPI scripting!

Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

In the latest release of ReadyAPI v2.6, we relase the feature of adding logical operators for tags.  Please see

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/soapui/running/automating/cli.html

Announcements
Welcome to the ReadyAPI Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements