cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Transfer among Projects.

Property Transfer among Projects.

It would be good to have Property Transfer feature which works for SOAP/REST projects.

Currently I am unable to transfer the value of a response from one project to another. I am working with REST projects and am looking for a way to do so.

5 Comments
nmrao
Community Hero

I am not sure Global Properties are intended for that or not. By the way, you should have all related stuff in a test case rather than spreading across the projects.

nishantna
Occasional Contributor

I would suggest you to have a property which you should populate with the response you want, and then using groovy script you can access this property anywhere, be it the same project or a different one.

Very interesting!

So, just to check... You're looking for a feature that is global properties that goes across (or above) projects. It's a very interesting feature, but one problem would be if you shared your projects, this feature would be broken, the project would refer to a global property that's not part of the project. It would also create dependencies between projects

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

LoundesM
Contributor

You can share properties about by using groovy

see this

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16648474/how-to-transfer-properties-between-different-projects-in...

I've done something similar in the past but cant find an example, quick search found that link

I used a project as a driver for other projects to orchestrate activities as there was an element of re-use across test patterns of those projects

hope it helps

Mike

Announcements
Welcome to the ReadyAPI Feature Requests board!

Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.

Check out the Create a Feature Request guide for more information.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements