Forum Discussion

Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

TestAgent logs me out of my computer

Good day,

I currently am positioned with a very strange problem.  If I set up a computer that is on the domain (we call this computer QA-PC) which can be remote accessed via my personal PC (Mills-PC) who is also on the domain, with test agent and I have QAComplete run an automation script. No problem at all. I can see on the computer via remote access the test launch, do its thing then stop. 

However, when I try to set up a test agent on my personal machine, it logs me out 3 times, doesn't do any tests and fails.

Has anyone else come a crossed an issue like this?

raja2
    7 years ago

I have faced same issue earlier. Issue got resolved after completing below setting. Please find the below link.

It seems that the "Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level Authentication" option is enabled on your PC. Please disable it and try running your test again.

The following articles can be helpful for you:

QAComplete Document (Link) - Distributed Testing - Requirements

Please check below setting in your systems.

Remote desktop settings for Windows 8 and Windows 10Remote desktop settings for Windows 7

Regards,

Poovaraj

4 Replies

LexiAQA
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Please check whether you have the 'Use active session' Test Agent option checked on your personal machine. The behavior you describe looks like you did not check this option. Please see the Configuring the Test Agent help topic for more information.

Novari-QA
      Frequent Contributor

I do have the setting checked.

This seems to be an issue only with Domain accounts. Local account i have no problem with. This is the error i am getting

Cannot create a user session.<br>

The following error occurred: <br>

Remote Desktop can’t connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:  1) Remote access to the server is not enabled 2) The remote computer is turned off 3) The remote computer is not available on the network  Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

raja2
        Contributor

I have faced same issue earlier. Issue got resolved after completing below setting. Please find the below link.

It seems that the "Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level Authentication" option is enabled on your PC. Please disable it and try running your test again.

The following articles can be helpful for you:

QAComplete Document (Link) - Distributed Testing - Requirements

Please check below setting in your systems.

Remote desktop settings for Windows 8 and Windows 10Remote desktop settings for Windows 7

Regards,

Poovaraj