Forum Discussion

shirishnagar
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Can I run TestNG classes (mvn project) from QA complete without using Test Complete

Hi,

I have selenium framework (Webdrive+TestNG) in my office Virtual machine which is working fine with combinations of TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.

My office has a license for QA complete and I do found an option in QA complete to link maven project with QA complete TCs.

Can someone please guide me how to do that and what information I need to provide on that page so that my TestNG classes works fine as maven project by using QA Complete?

Let me know if you need any more details.

Regards,

Shirish

4 Replies

shirishnagar
    Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for reply.

Any supporting video if you can share will be helpful.

Regards,

Shirish

shirishnagar
    Occasional Contributor

I have execute below things in QA complete

1. Installed Test Agent
    2. Configure the Test Agent
    3. Assigning Selenium TestNG Tests to Tests
    4. Schedule Automated Tests

Since my selenium TestNG setup is in VM, as per schedule, something is happening and it kicks me out of VM. After I sign-in back to VM, I found all opened files are closed now and found Fail result in Run History for that tests.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Shirish

shirishnagar
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

By checking the checkbox for maven project, somehow I manage to execute my Selenium TestNG TCs. As in general, I do have multiple Classes and multiple @Test in those classes.

I want to run 1 class at 1 time but if my checkbox checked, it runs all classes under maven project and if I keep the checkbox for maven project as unchecked and define path for class or upload the zip (which has only 1 class), it fails to execute every time.

i.e. for me, it executes selenium TCs only when maven project checkbox is checked and it execute all classes in that cases.

I tried but getting error and TC got failed

Error: Could not find or load main class org.testng.TestNG

Is there any way to execute 1 class or 1 @Test at a time instead of all classes together?

Regards,

Shirish