ReeceMonkey
New Contributor
8 years ago
New Idea

The ability to apply Token files to a Test before running a Test set.

I have a product that requires testing for multiple clients and will use tokenized tests to pass different data (usernames, field names etc). Rather than creating multiple tests that contain the same steps but different token files(1 token file per client) it would be more efficient for me to have the single test set and select which token file to use.

For example, a test that requires all fields on a form to be completed. Client A could have fields 1, 2 and 3 whereas Client B could have fields A, B and C. Each client would have different validation required and/or different character limits. Currently to use the same test I would need to edit the token file and re-upload or make a copy of the test (Which would make it harder keep updated with all the different copies if something changes). 

I was thinking this process could work in a similar way to attaching configurations/releases to a Test Set. The token files will be attached to the test set and will be chosen upon running said test set.

If anyone has any methods or work arounds for me, it would be great to hear them.

Thanks.

1 Comment

iosman123
    Regular Visitor

ReeceMonkey wrote:

I have a product that requires testing for multiple clients and will use tokenized tests to pass different data (usernames, field names etc). Rather than creating multiple tests that contain the same steps but different token files(1 token file per client) it would be more efficient for me to have the single test set and select which token file to use.

For example, a test that requires all fields on a form to be completed. Client A could have fields 1, 2 and 3 whereas Client B could have fields A, B and C. Each client would have different validation required and/or different character limits. 0x80070490 Currently to use the same test I would need to edit the token file and re-upload or make a copy of the test (Which would make it harder keep updated with all the different copies if something changes). 

I was thinking this process could work in a similar way to attaching configurations/releases to a Test Set. The token files will be attached to the test set and will be chosen upon running said test set.

If anyone has any methods or work arounds for me, it would be great to hear them.

Thanks.

thanks my issue has been fixed.