kwiegandt
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
New Idea

Last run status on the test set listing should be appropriate for the release selected.

Let’s say that I have two releases, Alpha and Beta. I run my tests sets for the Alpha release and all test sets pass. I have not executed any test sets for the Beta release yet. In the navigation pane on the left, I select the release Alpha and choose last run status as one of the fields to display on the test set listing. All test sets show as being passed. So far so good. Now I switch the release in the navigation pane to Beta and the last run status column still shows all test sets as being passed. This is very confusing, as no test set has been run yet for the Beta release. The last run status should show “not run” or nothing, but not “passed” or “failed”.

Now I execute all test sets for the Beta release and they all fail. In the navigation column on the left, I select the Alpha release. The last run status for all tests shows as failed, which is not appropriate for the Alpha release.

This can be very confusing. It would be VERY helpful if the software could look at the run history records and determine the last run status that is appropriate for the release selected.

This same issue exists on the test library dashboard chart called “Tests by Last Run Status (Current Project)”.

2 Comments