MCastle
Established Member
9 years ago
Accepted for Discussion

Add Photos or Files to Test Steps While Editing Steps

QAC makes entering Test Steps and Expected Results quick and easy.  What is not quick is having to change tabs, upload a limited number of files, and specify the mapping for which file should be associate with a particular step.  I would like to see this process streamlined and on the same tab as Test Steps. 

Perhaps after tabbing past Expected Results, you could have a load file icon which would have the focus, the user could press the space bar, select the file, click Okay, and continue tabbing to enter the next Step and Expected Result.  Below is a mockup of what it could look like.

QAC - Edit Test Steps - Add File.png

4 Comments

Dan_Gawarecki
    Occasional Contributor

Another possibility is to click into a "Add picture" field and can immediately Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard.  While QAComplete could provide a default file name, give me the ability to change the name before I click the "Save" button.

• Hey there,

I completely resonate with your frustration regarding the cumbersome process of adding photos or files to test steps in QAC. It's indeed counterproductive to switch tabs, upload files separately, and then map them to specific steps. Streamlining this procedure onto the same tab as test steps would significantly enhance efficiency. The iPhone version of the editing app could greatly benefit from such a feature, ensuring a smoother user experience and making the entire testing process more intuitive and user-friendly. Your suggestion aligns perfectly with the need for a more seamless and integrated approach, especially in the context of mobile editing where simplicity and accessibility are paramount.

Best Regards.

• It seems like you're experiencing an issue with changing the cover photo for one specific playlist on your music streaming platform. This could be a compatibility or cache problem with that particular playlist. To troubleshoot, you may want to try clearing the cache for the app or, if you're using PicsArt MOD APK for photo editing, ensure that the image you're trying to use meets the platform's requirements. If the problem persists, consider recreating the playlist or reaching out to their support for further assistance.