Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
New Idea

Ability to assign tokenized values from test set

With our project, we have a very dynamic system. That being said in order to simulate proper users with realistic fields, we have to build around 50 + users to manually and automate test.

QAComplete does not offer a way for us to utilize a single test case, lets say for the example of Logging into a system with username and password. 

The username and password can be tokenized however, it is tokenized once. We want a method in which we can define the parameters in a test case from a test set. 

The test set will simulate User1s experiance but it will constantly use the test case for logging in. 

Perhaps testcomplete offers something like this?  We essentially want to treat specific test cases like functions with parameters

5 Comments

• I am wondering the same thing... 

About to confirm the purchase for my group and in ideal test case, design tests are like functions that exist once and can be called within other tests ( with reporting that supports accordingly. 

For example there can be a login function that as a standalone has a few basic steps and more advanced steps. 

The basic steps are a "Smoke test" for the Login testing and are also called as the beginning steps of additional tests. 

Can test steps be called from other tests?

Can specific tests be divided into sub tests, where specific steps can be run( or does one need to create a separate test set?

Does the reporting support how a specific function has performed?

If all of the above works, can a test run that included many different functions be re-run as part of another test?

Thank you

Novari-QA
    Frequent Contributor

I ended up building my own framwork ontop of TestComplete and QAComplete. I ended up building my TestCases in my TestLibrary like function calls (they assume location). I then build test sets around workflow testing, each test set will define what values it will use.