Forum Discussion

mtsapa
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

Unable to recognize a button in LoadNinja

Hi, 

Currently, I am facing object recognition issue with “Next” button on a web page where I am recording. I've been able to record a script. I have tried various Object Identification options but still cannot successfully play back my script to completion.

Next button has same CSS Selector and same id values across different pages. Only unique identification is ownerDocument.firstElementChild.innerText

Please assist us,

thanks,

Mary

mtsapa
    11 months ago

Hi Marco,

Button is disabled dynamically, and I figured the solution by clicking twice on that page anywhere (dummy click). Thanks for reaching out to me. Object recognition is not an issue in this case.

10 Replies

mtsapa
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

yes this is the only unique property that I found. where can I place it? Please let me know custom expression that LoadNinja can take it.

• To compose a suitable CSS expression, consider one of the following ways:

• Use the built-in tools of your browser to retrieve the expression while working with the website. For example, in Chrome, select Inspect in the context menu for the needed element. In the inspector, locate the needed element, then right-click it, and select Copy > Copy XPath or Copy > Copy selector.

• Compose a custom expression that points directly at the needed object by yourself, using the CSS selector syntax.

mtsapa
      Occasional Contributor

No TimeCop1983  I tried with the same steps but still script is unable to recognize

• Hi mtsapa 

If you're looking for a way to locate the "Next" button using XPath, you can try using the following XPath expression:

//*[text() = "Next"]

Please try it and let me know if it worked for you.

mtsapa
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Marco,

Button is disabled dynamically, and I figured the solution by clicking twice on that page anywhere (dummy click). Thanks for reaching out to me. Object recognition is not an issue in this case.