Forum Discussion

mazhar555
Contributor
13 years ago

LoadComplete Log Items, Scripting, Execution

Hello,

I have following questions regarding LoadComplete.

1. Can we convert TestComplete LoadTesting Items into LoadComplete?

2. Does it support Scripting?

3. What if i want to execute my test in iterative mode, i mean in first run only with 1 VU, in 2nd run with 2 ...in 50th run with 50VU's. I don't want to add 50 Test Items in the attached window. In test complete we can do it by writing a simple script.

4. In the help file it says "For instance, to specify the modem speed 56 Kbit/s, type 56*1024=57344. Confirm your input by pressing ENTER. LoadComplete will re-calculate the entered value and display it both in bytes and bits. If the entered value corresponds to the drop-down list item, the item text will be displayed." I put "57344" in the connection speed, LoadComplete displays 7.17 MB/s (57.34 Mbits/s)

5. What if i want to change the LogItem name during execution, means LoadComplete generates LogItem with my defined name. In TestComplete we can do it by scripting. I dont want to change LogItem name manualy because it will take lots of time to check the Log and then rename it.

1 Reply

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi, Muhammad.

Can we convert TestComplete LoadTesting Items into LoadComplete?
    Currently, there is no direct conversion. However, you can do this similarly to converting functional tests to load tests. That is, first, you need to start the recording in LoadComplete and then start playing back the needed load test in TestComplete. 

For more information, please see the Creating Load Tests Based on Functional Tests - Tutorial video.

Does it support Scripting?
    No. However, LoadComplete includes a number of features that let you customize load tests visually.

What if i want to execute my test in iterative mode, i mean in first run only with 1 VU, in 2nd run with 2 ...in 50th run with 50VU's.
    To do this, you will have to specify the needed number of virtual users manually every time time before the test run. However, you can easily analyze the test execution with all the specified numbers of virtual users, using the Load Profile and Continuous Load tabbed pages of the Load Test editor. On this page, you can specify the ramp-up load settings that will be used during the test run.

For example, you can specify the following settings for stepwise load (Load Profile page):

Start with 1 virtual user

and add 1 user

every 600 seconds

Also, you need to enable the Continuous Load feature and specify the total test duration time on this page.

After you do this and click the Run This Load Test button, LoadComplete will run your test using the specified settings and you will be able to analyze your test for all needed numbers of users without the necessity to run the test several times.

In the help file it says "For instance, to specify the modem speed 56 Kbit/s, type 56*1024=57344. Confirm your input by pressing ENTER. LoadComplete will re-calculate the entered value and display it both in bytes and bits. If the entered value corresponds to the drop-down list item, the item text will be displayed." I put "57344" in the connection speed, LoadComplete displays 7.17 MB/s (57.34 Mbits/s)
    It is an issue related to displaying the converted value in LoadComplete. I've registered it in our DB. Thanks for reporting it.

What if i want to change the LogItem name during execution, means LoadComplete generates LogItem with my defined name. In TestComplete we can do it by scripting. I dont want to change LogItem name manualy because it will take lots of time to check the Log and then rename it.
    Using LoadComplete, you cannot rename test log items automatically during the test execution. You can only do this manually using log items' context menu.