Forum Discussion

RajibPradhan
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

How to bottleneck a client server desktop application?

Hi,

I want to bottleneck a client server application. I am using SQL server 2005. My product uses .NET framework. I want to find the peak conditions for my server at which it will fail to respond. Can I do it using LoadComplete or is there any other way of doing it? Is LoadComplete support for load testing for desktop application?

Thanks,

Rajib

4 Replies

Anonymous
    Rajib

LoadComplete is designed to work with Web applications. A Client-Server app approach is technically different, as it requires driving a required number of thick Windows clients to load up a server.

Some of our customers have been able to do that with TestComplete Network Suite utility controlling a large number of TestExecutes (which in turn requires a correspondingly large number of machines - real or virtual). That approach can give you the ability to load up the server with a simple load profile. We are looking at making that more convenient to set up for the users but we are not at release point yet.

The thread that Mike pointed to has generally relevant points to selecting the load profile, but I understand you are dealing with a different technology.
    RajibPradhan
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello Sergei,

Thanks a lot for your kind information.

Would you please help me on how to work with TestComplete Network Suite utility for my application? How can we control a large number of TestExecutes (which in turn requires a
    correspondingly large number of machines - real or virtual). How many TestExecutes licenses are required for that?

Thanks,

Rajib