SagarShroff
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Community Feedback Requested

Support for Search-Replace functionality

Hi,

This would really be useful for any quick replacement in the script.

I realized the need for this feature when i had to re-record test-scripts in my previous release.

My product request contains a value in path which changes in each release. I also did one time investment of development by replacing all my request constant value with variable. But later when a fix arised, the new release requests were changed.

So i had to re-record all my request inorder to incorporate request changes.

A search and replace functionality will be great add-on to this very nice tool!

4 Comments

SagarShroff
    Occasional Contributor

SagarShroff wrote:

Hi,

This would really be useful for any quick replacement in the script.

I realized the need for this feature when i had to re-record test-scripts in my previous release.

My product request contains a value in path which changes in each release. I also did one time investment of development by replacing all my request constant value with variable. But later when a fix arised, the new release requests were changed.

So i had to re-record all my request inorder to incorporate request changes.

A search and replace functionality will be great add-on to this very nice tool!

Apologise, if you felt incompleteness in my above description.

As i had re-recorded my scripts. I will again have to re-implement the changes of setting variable in the path.

A search-replace will reduce the efforts and can be a great add-on to this very nice tool!

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

I encounter similar issues. Please implement this release! Thank you :)

• Hi,

LoadComplete Scenario editor has the Find dialog which can be opened using the <Ctrl> + <F> shortcut. However, it looks like you're actually looking for the "replace all" feature that'd allow parameterizing many requests at once. Is my interpretation correct?