[WFH] Online Learning – Best Resources for Testers
Since a lot of us are still working from home, we decided to give your brain something to chew on not to get bored!
Keeping yourself entertained is important under quarantine. But work from home is also a great opportunity to learn. We have prepared a list of online resources to help you brush up testing/coding skills and more. If you already know some great resources, please share them with us!
Books and libraries
We’ve found a couple of books and resources that sound promising:
- The DevOps Handbook:: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Org... - a good DevOps read (if you get a 30-day Audible trial you will have an audio version of this book for free).
- Dear Evil Tester - a peculiar book for testers with an intriguing concept and a lot of humor.
- Did you know that we have a community member, @karkadil , who actually wrote a whole book about TestComplete called TestComplete Cookbook? Definitely check it out!
- New York Public Library now provides remote access to its resources.
What great learning books would you recommend?
A lot of learning platforms are now offering discounts or even providing courses for free for a limited time period.
- TestComplete On-Demand Video course is now free for 30 days thanks to our partner @LinoTadros. Awesome news for UI testers!
- SmartBear Academy - this is where you can learn SmartBear products for free! We offer exclusive training courses for users with different levels of expertise.
- Udemy offers huge discounts for its bestseller courses and great free courses. Might be the right time to give them a go and improve your expertise:
- Coursera offers a plethora of awesome courses on Data Science you can enroll for free. If Machine learning or Data Analysis is something you’ve always wanted to put your mind to, now is the best time:
- TestGuild - a very useful twitter account that gathers QA industry news, blogs and podcasts in one place.
- Code for a Living - a great blogs and podcasts collection on Stack Overflow for coders.
- SwaggerBlog – a blog about API Design, API development and API Documentation!
- Testing Podcast – probably the biggest library of podcasts for testers.
Found anything useful and educational online these days? Share it with your fellow SmartBear Community members😊
It can be something not linked directly to testing. Anything that falls under the ‘self-development’ category works.
Let’s learn together!
Community and Education Specialist
@BenoitB Thank you, I'm glad to hear that!
In case you stumble upon something good, do not hesitate to add to the list
Community and Education Specialist
This is not an online ressources but ...
For french readers, a book about test management which i find the best so far i've read :
Gestion des tests logiciels, éditions ENI, ISBN 978-2-409-00030-0
Un sourire et ça repart
NIce, that is awesome list..
By the way, we do have another community expert who wrote book for SoapUI, @rupert_anderson
For smartbear tools, we do have video resources and on youtube as well from basic to advanced level.
Another way is to go thru community questions where one will get lot of exposure to different problems and a good way to learn trying to solve.
I use this book for new people in my team:
It's very good for a start, and to bring some TestComplete issues to mind.
And now there is a free course available from @LinoTadros:
and for pen testing learning: