Forum Discussion

sonya_m
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
3 years ago

[Friday Off-Topic] Best music to listen to while writing tests/coding?

Hi fellow community members! Let's chat a bit?๐Ÿ˜Ž

Whatโ€™s your favourite music to code/write tests to? I heard that classical music is good because itโ€™s not disctracting .

I used to listen to low-fi playlists on YouTube for studying and working, because whenever I put my own playlist on, I start singing along at some point๐Ÿ˜… Now I mostly work in silence and it works best for me!

What about you?๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. Did you know you can write music in TestComplete: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Questions/Happy-Holidays/m-p/132335

7 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi, this is different.

I've been working from home for over two years and the first thing I missed was background noise.

I've found I cannot work in silence, I need something to break the silence.  Usually, the news on TV or music.  But I cannot work with headphones on.

If I'm on my own, then I always firstly go for this CD....Michael Head and the Strands 

sonya_m

Hi ChrisAdams, thank you for you reply! I love a good music recommendation. Already put the CD on - very soothing folk rock.

Would definitely recommend it to our community too๐Ÿ˜Š

I am so used to headphones I feel like something's amiss when I am not wearing them๐Ÿ˜

TanyaYatskovska

it's interesting ChrisAdams... In opposite, after 2 years of working from home, I work only in silence now ๐Ÿ™‚ I turn on the music only when my roomba (a vacuum cleaning robot) cleans the floor and I don't want to hear it!

In this case, I listen the playlist from my gym and sport activities. I think Eye Of The Tiger from Survivor is one of the favorite songs there.

TNeuschwanger
      Champion Level 2

๐Ÿ™‚  The whole album...

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Vince Guaraldi Trio

Jazz

After the last song, I take a break from work.  ๐Ÿ™‚

sonya_m

I just gave it a listen TNeuschwanger

Pretty tunes!

It's Christmas everyday with this album then?๐Ÿ˜Š 

KB1
    Champion Level 2

I listen to rap music primarily because it helps to keep me motivated and focused on achieving my goals. The lyrics and beats of rap songs inspire me to keep moving forward and to never look back on my past. It's a genre that really resonates with me and helps me to stay energized and driven.