Wintertainment 2018 - Day 3: Make me Laugh

Hi,

We, software testers, have to simulate complicated and sometimes a bit unrealistic situations to find/reproduce issues. This can lead to funny and unique stories. I’m sure that many of you faced something really funny that you were laughing about with an entire team. Or, if you’ve recently heard a new joke about IT, post it here. Let’s laugh together Smiley Happy

Share Your Fun Stories – Make me Laugh

Share your stories and give Kudos to stories of other members – we will decide the best joke at the end of Community Winterntainemnt!

I declare a Joke Day today Smiley Happy

day3-250.png

25 Comments

I've Selected a few of my favorites!

• 3 Database Admins walked into a NoSQL bar. A little later, they walked out because they couldn’t find a table.

• A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

• What do you call the security outside of a Samsung Store?  Guardians of the Galaxy.

• What was Forrest Gump's email password? "1forrest1"

• If Bill Gates had a penny for every time I had to reboot my computer ...oh wait, he does.

Have a great day!

James

@AlexeyKryuchkov, I like this one:

-Why did the picture go to jail?
-Because it was framed!

Olga Terentieva,
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager

Frequent Contributor

An Husband (Automation Tester) raises a feature request for automation tool, to automate answers for repeated questions from his wife. 

19486-528239773.jpgFeature Request

Once upon a time I checked an issue with more than 120 steps.
And three times this issue has been returned to developer for corrections. It was a nice experience to do 120 steps again and again ^_^
Like a Groundhog Day in IT.

Community Manager

My colleagues are very funny. I won't be surprised if one morning I don't see my desk Smiley Happy

1apr400.jpg

m91rkvstlmy11

• A QA Engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 999999999 beers. Orders wine. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders 3.68 beers. Orders a sfdeljknesv. Orders a b͙̙̑͗ͣ͆̍̆eͨ͑e̙̜͘ṟ̢̥̮̭͌̉̑. Orders nothing. Orders NULL beers. Orders ); DROP TABLE Beverages;.

• A QA Engineer walks into a bar. Runs into a bar. Crawls into a bar. Dances into a bar. Tiptoes into a bar. Rams into a bar. Jumps into a bar. Walks into the bar backwards. Sits at the bar overnight doing nothing to see what happens. Tries to sell a beer.

More QA bar jokes

Community Hero

A number of years back, I was working for a company that had developed a Windows service in conjunction with their e-commerce solution.  Long story short, the serve read records from a SQL table for the purpose of sending e-mails upon order fulfillment.

Well, it came to pass, in those days, that when bugs would show up in the application, that an e-mail would be sent to the offending developer from a mysterious e-mail address called "The Gremlins". It wouldn't be anything horrible, just a little quick "Got you again" or something like that. "The Gremlins" had their own e-mail address on the office exchange server so there was no actual employee associated with that address.

To this day, I don't think anyone realized that it was me, using TestComplete to inject records into the SQL table for our in-office copy of that Windows service, who was responsible for the gremlins e-mails...

Staff

Why do old age testers go to the doctor for

HIPTEST :-)

Where does a software tester put their luggage when they go on holiday?

In a test case.

@HKosova, I came across a new take on that joke Smiley Happy

A QA engineer walks into a bar. Orders a beer. Orders 0 beers. Orders 99999999999 beers. Orders a lizard. Orders -1 beers. Orders a ueicbksjdhd.

First real customer walks in and asks where the bathroom is. The bar bursts into flames, killing everyone.

Why should you never trick-or-treat at a dev's house?

Because OCT31=DEC25!

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.

Community Hero

Here's a few of my favorites.

To tell somebody that they are wrong is called criticism. To do so as a career is called testing.

Developer: There is no I in TEAM
Tester: We cannot have BUGS without U

Staff

What's an API developers favourite movie ?
"The WSDL of Oz"

I can't say that this situation made the whole team laugh, but for me it was quite funny and made me remember about "Captain Obvious To The Rescue" jokes. Some time ago I upgraded operating system of virtual machine to the new Windows 10 version 1809. Our test system checked consistensy of environment on this machine and found that Adobe Flash Player version was different from what we expected to have, so when I decided to check what's wrong with it I found record into Windows Registry that looked like
Version = "32.0.0.101"
during upgrade was altered to
Version = "$(build.FlashMajorVersion).$(build.FlashMinorVersion).$(build.FlashBuildVersion).$(build.FlashPrivateVersion)"
Statement as correct as useless Smiley Very Happy

Community Hero

Yes, okay, I'm a Star Trek fan.  Robot Happy

http://www.klingon.org/resources/klingon_code.html

The Klingon Programmer's Code of Honour

All Klingons who develop code for the glory of the empire follow this "Code of Honour" for software "code warriors".

• Specifications are for the weak and timid.
  • State-of-the-art hardware is a prerequisite to do battle with code.
  • One cannot truly appreciate "Dilbert" without reading it in the original Klingon.
  • Indentation is for enemy skulls, not code.
  • Klingons do not "release" software. Klingon software escapes, leaving a bloody trail of design engineers and quality assurance people in its path.
  • Klingon function calls have no parameters. They have arguments! And they always win them.
  • Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
  • Quality Assurance issues are best solved with a Batleth.    
  • A true Klingon warrior does not comment his code.
  • Our users shall know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!
Occasional Contributor

Once a automation tester went to car service station and after frustrating experience asked service advisor, you dont have Object spy, where you can check properties of parts of car, so that it's easy to rectify. Service advisor responded promptly yes sir we do have. All my supervisors are like spy only, they always spied on us, when we work inside service area.

Community Leader

Press any key to start

Oh Man!!! Where the hell is any key

Smiley Happy

Community Leader

Wife : Wake up quickly, there is a bug in the bed

Husband : what's the severity, can you please log it into Defect tracking tool and ask offsoreo team to look into it

Super Contributor

Here you go... !!! This happend to me 2 years back. When I had an argument with a developer which was supposed to my best project mate and on the scrum call, client doesn't had any idea what we were talking about. Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

r_1679072_mESMR.jpg

And finally the decision came from client that we will consider this particular scenarios as deferred. Smiley Very Happy

Ha Ha Smiley Happy All of you really take jokes to a new level!

Now, I'm happy. Several more jokes?

day3-250-2.png

Staff

In Soviet Russia, you don't fix bugs, the bugs fix you!

Occasional Contributor

smartbear = bear
froglogic = frog
watir = water
Ranorex = Frog King

Rano = frog

Rex is Latin for "king"

I read this one on Reddit I think, cracks me up everytime:

I dropped my laptop in the ocean, and now there's a dell rolling in the deep. Cat LOL

This thread is so funny, I haven't laughed so much for a long time Smiley LOL
Come on and let's keep on having fun in today's thread! Share your fun (or real) New Year’s resolutions here and enjoy Wintertainment!

Users online (157)
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: