SAlexander_SG
New Contributor
9 years ago
Community Feedback Requested

Time Stamped History of activity

I would like a timestamped history of activity on each review. Then I could easily answer questions like,

* Did Joe approve the review before or after Ed's comments?

* How long ago did Dave approve the review?

* Did Bob update the code after Susan approved?

7 Comments

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

This appears to be an overlap this request for full audit history.  That one has a response that reveals an unadvertised report however it doesn't appear to give a full history - for example it doesn't record the date/time when a participant approved.  I think our auditors would love a summary page with the full audit history.

scline
    Occasional Contributor

I agree with need for a full audit trail. In the defense industry this type of information could be invaluable in the investigation of aircraft incidents/crashes. This type of investigation goes down to the tiniest piece of data.

mzieg
    Occasional Visitor

I registered a SmartBear account just to come here and ask that CodeCollaborator "comments" please be timestamped.  Yes, that would be extremely useful.

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

Comments do have a timestamp - you can view them in the detailed review report which can be accessed from the Reports feature, or by clicking the "Details" button at the top of the review record (be sure to select the option to display all comments).

mzieg
    Occasional Visitor

Hi Mr. W,

I followed the workflow you described, but still don't see timestamps on the generated report.  Perhaps the feature was added in a newer version -- I am using CodeCollaborator v6.5.6505.

In any case, I personally would prefer timestamps to be visible on the main review web GUI (perhaps as a selectable option if others found the display too busy).

Edit: I see the online docs are for version 10+, so clearly we're running behind...and I do see timestamps in the screenshots.  I guess I'll poke our admins for an update :-)

https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/80132/?FullScreen=1&ShowTree=0&aliaspath=/viewarticle

MaryConti
    Occasional Contributor

There is a capability already, isn't there?  My team does not need additional history at this time.