marisette
8 years ago
New Idea

Provide error information and a way to delete error-generating change sets

I accidentally added all the 1300+ files from a branch to an ongoing review. I did this through the CC GUI, which gave no indication that the size of the change set might be a problem. When the Web UI came up, it was forever in loading mode. I let it run from Wednesday before Thanksgiving until the Monday after. I really hoped that the change set would come up so that I could use the Delete button to remove it, and allow the review to continue. No such luck. Somebody finally clued me in to an error displaying on a hidden console. This was a heap size error, so my change set was never, ever going to load. I had to re-create the review.

So, my request is:

1. Display errors on the Web UI so I know it's not just "loading..." slowly.
  2. Provide a delete button on the Web UI if a change set does generate an error.
  3. Don't let me add a change set in the CC GUI that is not going to be able to display. Or at least warn me and ask me to confirm that I'm sure I want to take this risk.

An uncaught error in a UI is never a good thing.

com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:228 POST http://usdxysmrl1ms067:8080/gwt 500 (Internal Server Error)cia @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:228pv @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:317_.Gr @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-3.js:874tC @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:721U9a @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-3.js:211R9a @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-3.js:160_.Fd @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-3.js:205_.wn @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:584KS @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-5.js:424_.ee @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-3.js:151_.ge @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:172Vo @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:174_.fe @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:175aga @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:173(anonymous function) @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:890c @ com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:174

com.smartbear.ccollab.CcollabWebclient-0.js:615 Uncaught ska {e: null, f: "500 Internal Server Error Unexpected error on the …by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

↵", __gwt$backingJsError: Error: 500 Internal Server Error Unexpected error on the server

Service method 'public abstract com.…, a: 500}

2 Comments

MrDubya
    Occasional Contributor

I wonder if the command line client allows you to delete a changelist.  I know you can use it to delete a review if you want to get rid of it without having to open in the web client.

• Nope. (Per Case #00202726)

I would be happy to have that as a solution.