drmti
Occasional Visitor
5 years ago
New Idea

Auto logout from web interface

Requesting a setting for administrators to set to logout (and free floating licenses) after a set time of inactivity, ex. 1 hour.

My users have the behavior to open their browser to login to CC but unfortuanetlly don't close the tab, nor do they logout of the server, what hinders other users to not be able to receive a new license.

This is very important for our company.

10 Comments

pete5280

This would also be a huge improvement for my team. We've run into license rejections before, and I'm confident this would resolve the majority of the issue.

• We experience the same issue with offices in Asia and the US. Licenses are held by one group out of business hours and the other group cannot log in during their business hours.

pete5280

Any tool updates that resolve this in newer versions of Collaborator?

EJ256
    Occasional Contributor

My company has requested this in the past as we've run into the same problems, and we've been told they're not going to implement it.

sth2ot
    Regular Visitor

For our teams the #1 missing feature in Collaborator.

marke
    New Contributor

It used to exist. In fact you can even configure the time, albeit only in units of hours. I asked for minutes because I thought 20 minutes inactivity was plenty. Then it became hard-coded in as 1 hours. Now it seems to be gone. Does anyone think they've ended buying more licenses than they really need?

marke
    New Contributor

Sorry "could ..." not "can even configure the time ..."

pbauer1
    New Contributor

My organization got so frustrated with this situation that we created our own script to log people off at any interval we wanted.   We log off the most inactive person after we reach a threshold of a set value.  Since we have implemented this, we have not had one license denial.

drmti
    Occasional Visitor

Hi pbauer1, thanks for your reply.

Do you mind to share your script?