Forum Discussion

DaleBingham
9 years ago

Is there a way to register a right-click or keyboard keypress with DejaClick on a GIS web app?

I am using DejaClick to automate testing our UI where we have a web app using OpenLayers JS API overtop Google Maps. Logging in and clicking items on the slide out menus on the page works great and smooth, in FF and Chrome.

I am trying to capture a keyboard hotkey, where we press the letter 'e' when the map is displayed to automatically add a generic event and icon. Is DejaClick able to register keyboard events when not in an input box or text area?

At the same time we have a right-click custom menu to go to a location on the map, add events, points of interest, etc. as well. Can DejaClick register right-click events? I have searched this forum and searched on Google to try and find that but am coming up short. 

Thank you for any help, and for a great cross-browser tool!

DB

1 Reply

uxmdemo
    New Contributor

Can DejaClick register right-click events?  Yes

Is DejaClick able to register keyboard events when not in an input box or text area? Yes, for example we support CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT key events.

I would recommend downloading DejaClick at http://dejaclick.alertsite.com/downloads.html and try it with your application directly.