Forum Discussion

havkrog
New Contributor
15 years ago

Delphi 2007: Cant get EnableProfiling to work

Hi

I use Delphi 2007 on a 64 bit Windows 7. I have installed the 64 bit version of AQTime 6.40.

I try to start/stop the performance profiler from my Delphi code (32-bit) using

EnableProfiling(True)

EnableProfiling(False)

defined in AQtimeHelpers.pas.

but they have no effect. I can see, that the aqProf.dll isn't loaded or isn't found.

I have checked the "Full check by routines".

What else do I need to do?

Thanks

Jacob

5 Replies

• Hi Jacob,

The EnableProfiling function controls the Enabled Profiling action. So, please make sure that the Initial Profiling Status for Threads predefined trigger is in the ON state and the Enable Profiling button on the toolbar or the Run | Enabled Profiling menu item is unpressed.

Please let me know if this does not help.
    havkrog
    New Contributor
    Hi David, 

Initial Profiling Status for Threads is ON and the Enable Profiling button is OFF when I run the project. But calls to EnableProfiling() calls still have no effect. If I presse the Enable Prifiling button myslef, my code is profiled OK.

Thanks

Jacob
    havkrog
    New Contributor
    Hi!

I tried your test project, and it was actually timed ok.

The thing is, that the clock icon ("Enable Profiling") with the cross over never changes.

From earlier versions of AQTime I expect that when EnableProfiling(True) is called, then the cross over the icon goes away, indicating that timing is on. When EnableProfiling(False) is called, then the cross comes back.

So the problem is just that the icon doesn't change, it seems.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jacob

• Hi Jacob,

From earlier versions of AQTime I expect that when EnableProfiling(True) is called, then the cross over the icon goes away, indicating that timing is on. When EnableProfiling(False) is called, then the cross comes back.
    We have checked earlier builds of AQtime 6 and AQtime 5, but these versions do not behave in the way you describe. Could you please clarify which version of AQtime behaved in this way?