Forum Discussion

newsgroups
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

AQtime 8.24 cannot see functions in my 64-bit DLL built with C++ Builder XE4

This DLL is written in Standard C++ (C++11). I can successfully profile it when built for 32-bit.

Attachment 64_bit.bmp shows how AQtime sees my 64-bit DLL... only a tiny subset of the functions that are in the library.

Attachment 32_bit.bmp shows how AQtime sees the 32-bit files; all of the functions are seen.

Other than the "bitness", these were built with the same instructions. Both are debug builds.

The reason I upgraded to AQtime v8.24 from v8.10 is that v8.10 had technical problems supporting 64-bit apps built with RAD Studio XE4 (according to emails from SmartBear techs in January 2014). I don't know whether this issue is likewise a technical problem, or if there are additional steps I need to take when building my DLL for profiling as 64-bit. Either way, I am requesting help with this matter.

Thanks,

Kathleen

• Hi Alex,

I have been working with the AQtime support staff on this issue, and we covered the topics you noted (thank you).

The "View by" combobox on the Setup panel had been set to "Source File", which they had me change to "Default". That enabled the display/access to all of the routines in all of the units of the project.

Kathleen

3 Replies