smendez_aq
Visitor
9 years ago
New Idea

Add support for multiple actions in the same method

While using AQTime Pro, I was trying to use Actions within AQTime to periodically capture fresh snapshots of my application.

I am basically setting up an action to Get Results when method FOO is Entered, and another action to Clear Results when method FOO is Exited. Unfortunately, when I try to launch the profiler, I get a message about this method being included in multiple actions.  Obviously, I can work around this by adding another method that gets called within FOO and associate one of the actions to that, but I would like to avoid having to do so if possible.

I was told by customer care that this funcationality (multiple actions in one method) is currently not supported.  I am requesting that it please be added in a future release.  At the very least a simple solution is to still maintain this restriction, but to add a new compound Action type that does both a “Get Result” and a “Clear Result”.

The version I was using that lacked the functionality I am requesting was AQTime 8.24 build 1261.

Thank you,

Sergio

2 Comments

• Hi Sergio,

thanks, that's a good request  make sense and more efficent.  We have added to the backlog and depending on demand and other considerations, will consider for an upcoming release.

bye for now,

kg