Forum Discussion

tg1390
9 years ago

ReadyAPI (ServiceV) no longer allows remote service mocking without using VirtServers

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd make a quick post in case others were looking for this information. If you were previously using Soap UI Pro, and were used to receiving messages in your Mock Service from a remote system, please know that this is no longer the case with Ready! API's ServiceV system. 

You will need to use a VirtService if you'd like to receive remote messages. The documentation is coupled with documentation for ServiceV Pro here: http://smartbear.com/product/ready-api/servicev/features/share-virtual-services/ and the Pricing for this is $1500/Year.

SmartBear doesn't seem to be offering a Trial and there doesn't seem to be any sort of documentation specific to this feature. From what I undestand, though, it's a standalone product, distinct from your isntallation of ReadyAPI.

I'm a bit disappointed that this wasn't made clear in the documentation for ReadyAPI. I looked quite a bit for the answer and it was only after reaching out to support, and troubleshooting from another system that I was able to see error messages static that remote connections weren't allowed. Certainly not intuitive!

Hoping this helps others who were stuck like I was!

Cheers,

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tg1390,

Thanks for sharing this information.

I hope that the Support engineer you used to work with asked our Documentation team to improve our help articles.