Forum Discussion

Mahesh_Narayana
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

SoapUI Upgrade Issue (from 2.0.2 Pro to 3.01 Pro)

Last week I upgraded my SoapUI install from 2.0.2 Pro to 3.0.1 Pro. For the most part, it was as simple as  importing the projects and running them in.

The problem started when I tried to run them from the command line (I have a whole suite of tests that run under Hudson that use the SoapUI testrunner). It would launch the test case, but "hang" at the very first test step.

On the other hand, if I created a brand new project in 3.0.1 and cloned the test steps from the 2.0.2 project, it would work fine.

Finally, I figured out that it was happening due to the test case options. I had to open the test case options, and then save it with the defaults to get it to run from the command line without the "hang".  Also, I noticed that if I change the maxResults to keep to a value like 100, it seems to hang again - I am able to change other test case options, but just the maxResults appears to be problematic. All this is only when running from the command line. The UI works fine.

Another minor irritant with 3.0.1 - on the UI, I am just not able to close the Test Case window by 'x'-ing the Test case window. All other windows close (Test Suite / Test steps / etc), its just the Test Case window.

- Mahesh

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mahesh!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.. I'm curious about the stalled testcases, can you attach (or mail to support@eviware.com) an example project so we can get this fixed for 3.0.2?

Also, do you get any errors in any of the logs when trying to close the TestCase window with the X? Are you running in tabbed or window mode? On which OS?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mahesh_Narayana
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

that was a quick response

The projects I have are pretty big. I will break it up and send you a smaller sample project later in the day.

Regarding the TestCase 'X' - I see the following stacktrace in the console when trying to close TestCase window with X. This is on Windows XP Pro. Using tabbed mode.

08:47:04,046 DEBUG [AbstractDefinitionContext] Loaded Definition: ok
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testcase.ProWsdlTestCaseDesktopPa
    nel.onClose(SourceFile:214)
            at com.eviware.soapui.ui.TabbedSoapUIDesktop.a(SourceFile:169)
            at com.eviware.soapui.ui.TabbedSoapUIDesktop.a(SourceFile:51)
            at com.eviware.soapui.ui.TabbedSoapUIDesktop$InternalDockingWindowListen
    er.windowClosing(SourceFile:311)
            at net.infonode.docking.DockingWindow.fireWindowClosing(Unknown Source)
            at net.infonode.docking.DockingWindow.closeWithAbort(Unknown Source)
            at net.infonode.docking.action.CloseWithAbortWindowAction.perform(Unknow
    n Source)
            at net.infonode.docking.action.DockingWindowAction$1.perform(Unknown Sou
    rce)
            at net.infonode.gui.action.SimpleAction$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source
    )
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Btw - I changed the Global Preference for the Desktop type from Tabbed to Default, and tried to 'X' out of the test case. Still get an exception, but the stacktrace looks a little different.

08:51:17,671 DEBUG [AbstractDefinitionContext] Loaded Definition: ok
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testcase.ProWsdlTestCaseDesktopPa
    nel.onClose(SourceFile:214)
            at com.eviware.soapui.ui.desktop.standalone.StandaloneDesktop$InternalDe
    sktopFrameListener.internalFrameClosing(StandaloneDesktop.java:265)
            at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.fireInternalFrameEvent(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.doDefaultCloseAction(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameTitlePane$CloseAction.action
    Performed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

- Mahesh
    Mahesh_Narayana
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

Thanks for the update for the 'X' test case problem.

I am attaching the files related to the other issue - the one where the test case stalls on the command line runner (testrunner).

The file named 'stalls-....' shows the hang symptom. The file named 'works-...' executes to the end. The only difference between the two is that 'stalls-....' has maxResults = 100, whereas the other has maxResults = 0. Btw, I removed all of the actual test steps to reduce the size of the files being uploaded .. so this example pretty much only has a couple of properties steps.

Thanks
    Mahesh
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

thanks for this.. I'm actually having a hard time trying to reproduce this.. do you by chance have a soapui-errors.log file in your soapui\bin folder after the testcaserunner has stalled?

Also (just to be sure), did you install the new version into a clean directory?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Forget it, I found the error.. fixed in upcoming nightly build, thanks for reporting!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com