Forum Discussion

Prudential_UK_A
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

[SOLVED]Performance

Hi,
As our responses are quite large, we have lots of assertions and find that when we run the project, some of our bigger suites cause soapui to grind to a halt and run out of memory. When running suites individually it seems to cope. Is this because in the first instance, it runs everything in one testrunner and in the second case it runs it in separate testrunners? is it possible to run the whole project, but get it to use a separate testrunner for each suite or maybe even each testcase?
Regards
Peter

3 Replies

• I have had similar issues. It is usually related to the amount of memeory that is allocated to the Java VM.

I run SoapUI under a 64 bit Linux with 8Gb ram and use -Xmx3500m (up from -Xmx384m). This causes the java vm to allocate sufficent memory to allow us to run some very large (8Mb +) soapUI projects without issues.

On 32 bit systems increase the size intil java just refuses to start and then use the largest working size.

On linux the command to start SoapUI pro is in the soap/bin directory and is called soapui-pro.sh.

Hope this helps

Kevin
    Prudential_UK_A
    Frequent Contributor
    The max I can set the -Xmx option is 1024m, and it does not look like it's enough.
    Our machines have 2 gigs of memory.
    Prudential_UK_A
    Frequent Contributor
    I have managed to find a solution to our problem. We were running out of PermGen space and I added a vm option -XX:MaxPermSize=256m which seems to fix it