cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyAPI Groovy script editor - Any plans to introduce refactoring feature?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

ReadyAPI Groovy script editor - Any plans to introduce refactoring feature?

Any good IDE like Intellij IDEA has a feature to automate standard code refactoring actions such as renaming all instances of a variable (in code & comments), extract into method, etc. These are essential to improve programmer productivity regardless of job role or programming language.

I have a lot of groovy scripts which would be better if refactored. Unfortunately, I cannot do them inside ReadyAPI's groovy editor. I could work on a few scripts in Intellij IDEA only if they are standalone. But, this won't work for all scripts, especially the ones which use ReadyAPI specific code i.e. need to be inside ReadyAPIs editor.

Are there any plans to introduce features like code refactoring in ReadyAPIs Groovy code editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: ReadyAPI Groovy script editor - Any plans to introduce refactoring feature?

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder how helpful it is to put such IDE features as ideas in SmartBear forum. I guess the kind of customers who look for tools like ReadyAPI might prefer to have low or no code if possible. I wonder how much they care about customizability/freedom. I guess they prefer to avoid developing frameworks/programming and the challenges that come with it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Leader

Hi @rajs2020 ,

I would suggest you to put this as a idea, this seems to be a nice feature to have in ReadyAPI.

Refer link to Suggest new idea.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped,
Remember to give "Kudos" 🙂 ↓↓↓↓↓

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder how helpful it is to put such IDE features as ideas in SmartBear forum. I guess the kind of customers who look for tools like ReadyAPI might prefer to have low or no code if possible. I wonder how much they care about customizability/freedom. I guess they prefer to avoid developing frameworks/programming and the challenges that come with it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors