Forum Discussion

Debz
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Is there a way to define a DB role when creating a JDBC connection?

Hi,

We normally connect to our DB with a SysDBA role using SQL Developer.but when I try to set a JDBC connection, it seems that there is no Role field in there. Using the default login gives me the following error when I tested it:

I checked the DB connection string, and it seems that there is also no role defined in there:

Any suggestion to specify it? The guide I saw also doesn't have any such field. I've asked a dev on our client but I was told they are using only one account. The same account I used when I encountered the error. I can get data using the same DB Connections I've posted when using SQL Developer.

• Hi, sorry I forgot to update this. In previous versions, you get a notification that a SYSDBA or SYSOPER role is required. On Ready!API 2.0, the error message you'll see is the one in the image above. I've asked my coworkers here who worked with JDBC steps and it seems that the role is auto-detect, so there is no more need to specify one in the connection string. The issue got fixed after I asked a guy in charge of the DBs to have an account with the said roles set :-)

5 Replies

• You can probably get away with just specifying the role argument in the connection string. So it would look like this:

(or just set Connection to <None> and configure the connection string manually, but that quickly gets tiring)

This is in no way an official or reliable way to do things and if you need the connection for a lot of tests I would suggest contacting our support team with a feature request :)

Debz
      Contributor

Thanks IgorG. I tried but I wasn't able to get away with it. The error still pops up. I will just post a feature request later and file the other issue I've seen.

Regards,

Debz

Debz
        Contributor

Hi, sorry I forgot to update this. In previous versions, you get a notification that a SYSDBA or SYSOPER role is required. On Ready!API 2.0, the error message you'll see is the one in the image above. I've asked my coworkers here who worked with JDBC steps and it seems that the role is auto-detect, so there is no more need to specify one in the connection string. The issue got fixed after I asked a guy in charge of the DBs to have an account with the said roles set :-)