Forum Discussion

jlivingston
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Getting 308 Redirect code on REadyApi for url and end points that works fine on Postman

Hi, 

I am getting 308 Permanent Redirect code for an end point that I am trying to test on ReadyApi(SoapUI Pro). When I try the same end point on Postman I receive 200 status code. I am totally new in ReadyApi. Is it about settings?How can I solve this issue? Please help 😞

• Hey jlivingston,

Ok so your settings in postman differ from readyapi!. In postman it sounds like you have "follow redirects" property set to false whereas in readyapi it sounds like its set to true.

Im in my phone at moment so im relying on my memory but if you view the properties associated with your request (bottom left of project navigator) theyll be a follow redirects property setting. To view this highlight the request and view the requests properties.

Set as required...i.e. do you want to follow the redirect or not?.

Postman has an equivalent setting....ive seen it somewhere but i cant remember where.....probably in thr global settings as postman is less feature rich relative to readyapi.

Ta

Rich

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey jlivingston,

Ok so your settings in postman differ from readyapi!. In postman it sounds like you have "follow redirects" property set to false whereas in readyapi it sounds like its set to true.

Im in my phone at moment so im relying on my memory but if you view the properties associated with your request (bottom left of project navigator) theyll be a follow redirects property setting. To view this highlight the request and view the requests properties.

Set as required...i.e. do you want to follow the redirect or not?.

Postman has an equivalent setting....ive seen it somewhere but i cant remember where.....probably in thr global settings as postman is less feature rich relative to readyapi.

Ta

Rich
      jlivingston
      New Contributor

Thank you richie. In found out later on, it was about our services. After talking to developers it was resolved. Thank you for the explanation and your time