GIT Integration - Non-mandatory properties causing conflicts, even when no change made
My team is struggling with GIT conflicts. I can see similar issues already discussed, but none helped to the specific issue we are facing.
- Gitkraken is the tool we use to handle files.
- Each team member creates a feature, works on it, and then merges it to develop.
- We believe this issue to start on version 3.1
- When saving the project, test cases with non-mandatory parameters (empty value) creates conflicts. This is though no change was made. This doesn't happen for every field but is very common. One of our projects shows more than 600 (!) conflicts on each save - all for this reason.
- A test case has several parameters, one of them is "firstName", and it has an empty value as this is non-mandatory :
Re: GIT Integration - Non-mandatory properties causing conflicts, even when no change made
Hello NogaS. I don't have an answer for you but maybe something to consider as a work around... I notice the use of project properties for some of the fields. Could you have a project property (or suite, or testcase property) defined for that field that is empty. At least saving would not remove it since there would be content there henceforth.
Your question piqued my curiosity on the GIT topic because the team i am on is just embarking on composite projects workflow in GIT with multiple people working on a project.