Forum Discussion

jkrier
Regular Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Command line execution from remote directory

I am trying to execute testrunner from a location other than readyapi_home\bin\testrunner.bat

I've tried several different ways of doing this and tried searching the forums but can't seem to find any questions about this.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I am using the Windows version, it seems like this is possible on the Linux version and I have found several examples for that but nothing for Windows.

• May be you are true, I may not understand the point and that why I asking for information.

See how would any one know how one is using a product unless it is told.

I would like to remind you that this forum is public and open for all the members. And I believe you know how to contact SmartBear support.

• ready-api.bat/sh can be invoked without any parameters, so shortcuts works.
    • where as testrunner.bat/sh needs parameter. so it can't be applied the same above rule and use it using shortcut. has to be deal differently.

Here is how I would do it:

#1: when options and project to execute are variable

• Add READYAPI_HOME\bin to PATH environment variable
    • open command prompt and run testrunner.bat <options> [note that you do not have to go READYAPI_HOME\bin directory to invoke]

#2: when options  and project are fixed

• create a batch file with absolute path of testurnner along with all the options
    • run this batch file from command line or create a short cut for this file

• I believe you need to use the following contents in batch file:

cd C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-m-SNAPSHOT\bin

call testrunner.bat <options>

• No problem. You welcome.

23 Replies