Jawad
Visitor
7 years ago
New Idea

Project Suite Parameters Request

TestComplete should have project suite parameters so that we can send our required parameters and we can call specific control.

3 Comments

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious.  What's the use case here?  What parameters do you want to pass to the project suite?  How do you intend on using this?

•  tristaanogre We have been passing different parameters to our project i.e. we have two code base one for Web and one for Desktop. We want to pass same arguments to both on which our internal logic perform particular actions.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Several ways of doing this.  Something I've done in the past is created an INI file and then used the "Storages.INI" object of TestComplete to parse the file and populate project and project suite level variables for use in the specific test run.  Any time I need to change the parameters, I just edit the INI file.

Another way of doing it is to parse the commandline (if you're running via command line) to look for custom parameters. I have a script extension that I've encapsulated that code into.  I need to make sure it's compiled correctly.  If it looks good, I'll give you the link to download so you can utilize this methodology.