mgroen2
Super Contributor
8 years ago
New Idea

Implement support for validation on Database tables using dynamical values in WHERE clausule (SQL)

I am refferring to this post.

Currently, the tester (QA user), Test Automation Framework designer needs to write code to create validations on database tables, if he/she uses WHERE clausule.

Database Table Checkpoints, as currently implemented, do not support dynamically populated values in the "WHERE" clausules.

I would like to see TestComplete improved so that the Database Table Checkpoint feature supports dynamically populated "WHERE" SQL statements.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

tristaanogre Thanks, please keep me posted as I'd like to use/test your feature if/when it's available.

Also, as a 'workaround' I am going to try to work with the ADO Create Command, as suggested in the thread this feature request is reffering to. I will keep you posted.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I've +1 this item.  In the meantime, I'm going to add the "check" function to my SQLUtilities extension to do the kind of comparison you are asking.  No guarentee as to when that will be done but it is a very good idea.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

marinThis feature request is based on an original question from you. Maybe you can give it a vote?