mgroen2
Super Contributor
9 years ago
Selected for Development

Implement a way of storing/exporting compact log file, as alternative to .mht file storage

Currently, test logs can be saved/exported as unpacked storage or as .mht file.

I prefer to have it as one file (so mht is preffered), however only IE is capable of showing .mht files. MHT format it's a bit of an obsolete file format.

The request is to implement an alternative format that is similar to MHT however more supported by different browsers.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

#1: Unfortunately, the Print Preview option (to print to PDF) is only available in the Detailed log section. I'd would be very nice if this feature could be implemented on the Summary tab as well.

See attached screenshot.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

dganov I think following 3 requirements are best:

1. PDF file (which includes name with date/time stamps see comments above from Ravik). For management reporting.

2. One single ZIP file (same with date/time stamp in filename). Zip file contains all testlog data, screenshots, etc. For test engineers/test managers reporting

3. Keep the old MHT functionality (for users currently depending on it);

4. Ability to define an email  template with subject and the PDF/ZIP/MHT as attachments and to send it automatically after each test execution.

What do you think?

• mgroen2 I agree with you, but what data format do you think will be most convenient for this purpose? PDF, single HTML file, or something else?

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Also it should be get the full name from Logs as of now, while we exporting logs it take same name again and again (we need to rename it). It would be a greate help if it would be export with actual name (Actual log name along woth date and time).

• Can I vote for this 1000 times?  Chrome doesn't let us pull these files out of Google Drive any more either.  We have to use Firefox to get them back and then open them in IE.  It's time for a change.