amy_douglas
Occasional Visitor
7 months ago
New Idea

Automate Authenticator App using the Secret Key for OTP

Hello,

It seems TestComplete doesn't support 2FA automation via Mobile, I haven't had a reply yet about email OTP yet.

But I've got an email from support that TestComplete do not support automation for the Authenticator app using the secret key to get the OTP code or via mobile SMS. It would be good if this will get integrated, as these days every website have a 2FA enabled. If we can't even pass the login screen with 2FA, then how can we bypass this with TestComplete instead?

amy_douglas
    Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the information, in terms of test speed, reliability and work efforts I would prefer to bypass the authentication page so I can concentrate on automating the core functionality. :) 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

We do the same for our web application - I bypass the authentication page, and I have full access to the web application to which I can test via TestComplete.

amy_douglas
    Occasional Visitor

I will see what they can do, I'm sure there is some sort of flag to switch it off within the code logic just for the test environment.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I suggest you to speak to your developers to allow a bypass within your app, so that it can be tested.