Forum Discussion

AutomatedMonkey
New Contributor
2 months ago

ZQL queries in cloud no longer support labels or summary?

Recently migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, have started trying to get our old ZAPI api calls working in cloud, have managed to get JWT generated and able to send/receive API calls, but am finding that ZQL queries no longer let you search by label or test name?

My use case is we used to do a ZQL query providing cyclename and label, which would return us the execution id of the test with the associated label (e.g Test_Script_001), and then we would update the Test Execution Id to pass/fail/WIP etc. But now it seems only thing I can do is retrieve all tests in a cycle/folder, but not narrow the search down anymore than that, and if the cycle and folder contains lots of tests, unless you're limiting your max results, the request takes a good 10 - 20 seconds to retrieve the information.

I'm struggling to think of a way to quickly update test results via api calls in Squad Cloud, especially when running api calls, where each test only takes a few seconds and as such waiting 10 seconds for each mass retrieval of tests within a cycle to get execution id would make the tests take 3 x- 4x longer to execute if waiting to update its status.

Can anyone think of a better approach of how to do this? Very disappointed that Squad Cloud seems to be a lot more limited compared to the old Jira server plugin.

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi AutomatedMonkey 

ZQL queries in Jira Cloud no longer support searching by label or summary.

Instead of retrieving all tests in a cycle/folder, try using a more specific search query to narrow down the results. For example, you can search by test name, description, or keywords

Try to use Jira's built-in search functionality to search for tests by label or name. This might not be as efficient as ZQL, but it could be a possible option.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards