Forum Discussion

qu4tro
New Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Is it possible to prepend text in existing fields using Bulk Edit?

Greetings,

I'd like to be able to add some text at the beginning of the name field for a large set of test cases.. Can this be done in Bulk Edit using a regex of some kind? Is there a different method? I'd prefer not to export into .csv, modify, and import if at all possible.. Hoping there's a 'built-in' way.

As an example, I'd like all of my selected test cases to have the name field start with "Terminal 1 - ", but also retain the rest of the current name field.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

That would be a nice thing to be able to do, but I don't know of a way to do it using the UI.  You could post an idea to the roadmap portal - I'd vote for that!

The only option I can think of is to use the API and update each test case by code.  There's the PUT Update Test Case endpoint if you're on the Cloud version of ZS, or the PUT "/testcase/{testCaseKey}" endpoint if you're on the Server version.

Cloud: Zephyr Scale for Jira Cloud API (smartbear.com)

Server: Zephyr Scale Server API (v1) (smartbear.com)

qu4tro
    New Contributor

Thanks very much for the response and suggestions,.. I was hopeful I could REGEX my way to success, but alas... For this test cycle I've moved forward without doing the name change I wanted, but for future cases I'll definitely look into the Cloud API.

Thanks again!